GERD (GastroEsphageal Reflux Disease) is a chronic condition in which contents of the stomach flow back into the esophagus causing heart burn or injury to esophageal tissue. This is one of the most common conditions of the gastrointestinal tract. The most common treatment is acid blocking medications. Unfortunately, they medications have the negative side-effect of depleting the body of nutrients if these are used for long periods of time.
1. Stomach Soothe - one tab twice a day Call to Order
2. Aloe Supreme - one tab twice a day Call to Order
Lifestyle and Dietary Recommendations
1. Avoid smoking, coffee, spicy foods, carbonated beverages and alcohol consumption.
2. Avoid use of aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications unless absolutely necessary. These medications are notoriously irritating to the GI tract.
3. Avoid eating right before going to bed; allow at least two hours after meals, to allow food to settle.
4. Elevate the head of the bed while sleeping.
5. Eat food in small portions and thoroughly chew your food.
6. Keep a food log and try to keep track of foods which may trigger symptoms such as spicy foods, fried foods, mint, chocolate, black tea and coffee.