Natural Remedies for Insomnia
You already know if you have insomnia! It is one of the most common conditions in modern society. It affects everything in your life: relationships, mood, job performance, social ties and much more. Someone with insomnia will often take 30 minutes or more to fall asleep and may get only six or fewer hours of sleep for three or more nights a week over a month or more. DO you have f the following symptoms:
- Difficulty falling asleep at night
- Awakening during the night
- Awakening too early
- Not feeling well rested after a night's sleep
- Daytime tiredness or sleepiness
- Irritability, depression or anxiety
- Difficulty paying attention, focusing on tasks or remembering
- Increased errors or accidents
- Tension headaches
- Distress in the stomach and intestines (gastrointestinal tract)
- Ongoing worries about sleep
Lifestyle Changes Recommended
- Avoid extra stress and obligations
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
- Participate in regular balanced exercise program that include high intensity exercise to enhance growth hormone release and calming exercise such as yoga and stretching. Recent studies have shown that yoga and tai chi increase thalamic GABA activity which is correlated to a better mood.
- Avoid extra caffeine containing products, stimulant-containing herbs, and hypoglycemic conditions.
- Rule out hormone imbalance/deficiencies.
- Rule out hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia, and weak adrenal function.
- Check prescription drugs for their side effects. Many contain caffeine.
- Avoid sugar and sweetened products. Replace sugar with the polyol sugar xylitol.
- Whey protein or other quality protein is essential at every meal to stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Eat turkey or warm milk before bed as they contain tryptophan. Calcium and magnesium at bedtime have relaxing effect on the body and can aid sleep
- Avoid taking stimulating nutrients late in the day like carnitine and B vitamins.
1. Sleep Support two tablets at bedtime Call to Order
2. Cal/Mag 1:1 two tablets at bedtime Call to Order